Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Illustrator Jill Senft creates fun and whimsy with her cavalcade of pink characters



----
Illustrator Jill Senft creates fun and whimsy with her cavalcade of pink characters
// It's Nice That

Jill-senft-hotdogs-illustration-itsnicethat-list

Berlin-based illustrator Jill Senft enjoys painting "funny faces and absurd situations" with a degree of exaggeration in every brushstroke. "Perspectives aren't always accurate in my work, which also serves as a dimension of abstraction at times," explains Jill. The illustrator's style is simple, colourful and funny and her most recent works have developed out of using acrylics as her medium. "I always wanted to try it but didn't because I was a bit stuck to my marker before, which I loved since I first started illustrating," says Jill. Using paint allows Jill to create wonderful textures within her works, animating her characters even more. "[Using acrylics] I can let colours fade into one another or mix them up as I like but most importantly: painting with acrylics gives me a feeling of freedom and independence as I can play around and overpaint existing parts at any time," she says.

Read more


----

Read in my feedly


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment