Thursday, October 6, 2016

Walter Stanford [feedly]



----
Walter Stanford
// lines and colors

Walter Stanford, animal and landscape paintings
Walter Stanford is a painter and illustrator based in North Carolina.

Stanford works in oil, acrylic and pastel, as well as in digital painting media (I believe the example images I've shown here are mostly if not all traditional media).

His painting and pasted subjects include landscapes with an emphasis on rocky creeks and farming, and his animal paintings frequently feature birds, most prominently owls.

The common element I see in all of his work is a fascination with the textural quality of his subjects, be it rocks in swiftly moving creeks or the ruffled feathers of a condor. He works with a vibrant but controlled palette, using color as well as value to move your eye through his compositions.

[Via Donna Nyzio]

 

----

Shared via my feedly newsfeed


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment