Thursday, June 11, 2015

Painting in Gouache on a Dry Day [feedly]



----
Painting in Gouache on a Dry Day
// Gurney Journey



Last weekend we helped out with spring shearing at our friend's Icelandic sheep farm. They still had a couple of lambs on the bottle, and I fed one of them.

Last Shearing, June 6. Gouache, 5 x 8 inches
While everyone worked, I painted the shed in gouache, just a quick impression. The challenge was that it was a dry day with low humidity, and the sun was beating right down on the paint. The paint dried practically as it left the brush, so I had to work fast. 

More than 30 years ago, I tried painting in gouache on a hot, dry day in Death Valley, California, and it was insane how quickly it dried. You can combat the problem somewhat by squeezing the paint out on a damp paper towel and spraying the palette with a mist of water once in a while. 
----
Gouache Week starts June 22 on the blog and on my YouTube channel, with the release of the new video "Gouache in the Wild."

----

Shared via my feedly reader


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment