Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Chris Turnham (update 2015) [feedly]



----
Chris Turnham (update 2015)
// lines and colors

Chris Turnham, illustration
Chris Turnham is an illustrator who works in film and television as well as publishing.

His crisp, lively images of architecture, streets, people and plants always seem loose and free, despite their exacting draftsmanship and use of hard edges. Largely, I think, this is due to Turnham's deft use of close color and value relationships, with which he somehow coaxes softness out of hardness.

I particularly enjoy his stylized but naturalistic depiction of plant forms, and I was delighted when reproductions of some of his work for the movie Coraline was included in the "Coraline Mystery Box" I received as part of LAIKA's promotion for the movie back in 2008. (See my post on my Coraline Mystery Box and Coraline Mystery Box Images.)

Chris Turnham's work, specifically his silkscreen prints, will be on display in an exhibition titled "California Modernists" at Gallery Nucleus in Alhambra, CA, from February 21 to March 1, 2015.

For more, see my previous posts on Chris Turnham (below).


----

Shared via my feedly reader


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment