Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pip and Pop’s Peculiarly Adorable Candy-Colored Worlds [feedly]



----
Pip and Pop's Peculiarly Adorable Candy-Colored Worlds
// Brown Paper Bag

false

pip and pop pip and pop

These images are a bit of oldies, but are definitely goodies. I've seen some great miniature artworks lately (like the those by Kendal Murray), which reminded me of how much I enjoy Pip and Pop's  (aka Nicole Andrijevic and Tanya Schultz) tiny, candy-colored scenes.

The Australian duo uses things like sugar, sand, glitter, artificial plants, found objects, pipe cleaners, wire, beads and more in their site-specific installations. Of course, their massively miniature works look impressive from far away, but it's the details that I love. Small characters look as though they are traversing landscapes full of larger-than life flora and unidentifiable fungi. It's all strange, yes, but makes me wish I could explore these places in real life.

pipandpop14 pipandpop13 pipandpop12 pipandpop8pipandpop11pipandpop10 pipandpop6 pipandpop5 pipandpop4 pipandpop2 pipandpop1pipandpop3

 

The post Pip and Pop's Peculiarly Adorable Candy-Colored Worlds appeared first on Brown Paper Bag.


----

Shared via my feedly reader


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment