Wednesday, April 30, 2014

viivus: I made a walkthrough of my process for drawing faceted... [feedly]

  

----
viivus: I made a walkthrough of my process for drawing faceted...
// Art and Reference point

















viivus:

I made a walkthrough of my process for drawing faceted stones! Judging by the timestamps from the screenshots I took, drawing this one stone took an hour and three minutes, although I know I went and checked tumblr a couple times while I was working, so let's just call it an hour.

Now MISCELLANEOUS NOTES

  • This walkthrough assumes you already know how to use layer masks, the clone stamp, and the lasso tool. There's also one part where I didn't label it, but I inverted the selection so I could keep my lines consistent. It's in the third image.
  • Unfortunately I can't really help with colour choice and the actual colouring of the pinwheel shape that makes up the back facets, but you can kind of see that I tended to colour with lines that cut across the facets and and kept the outer parts of the facets darker. It would probably be best to find a reference to work from!
  • This particular cut of stone is called the 'brilliant' cut.
  • There's actually a lot of internal reflection business that goes on in a stone, but I elected to ingore all of it since at a distance you can't really tell anyway.

now GO FORTH AND DAZZLE YOUR FRIENDS WITH YOUR SPARKLE


----

Shared via my feedly reader


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment